Given our sedentary lifestyles today, it is important for all of us to find time to exercise. Exercising regularly is an important activity that goes a long way to ensure that we retain our health for a long time. Many people, especially Americans, are too preoccupied with our work and hence neglect this important aspect of taking care of their bodies.
This results in deterioration of health over time and it is not surprising to find young people suffering from all kinds of ailments. Heart disease, that used to alway be associated with old age, have become common amongst younger people now. Our health is in our own hands and it is imperative that we choose a healthy diet and follow a strict but sensible exercise regimen to ensure that we do not end up seeing doctors on a regular basis! Even if you have found out the solutions to a healthy diet, which is one part of staying healthy, it is important that you give equal attention to a regular exercise and trying to stay physically fit.. Bowflex fitness machine is one of the tools that can give you a complete workout in the comfort of your own home. Sounds unfamiliar? Well, read on.
Bowflex exercises are based on a new technology that does not use any heights. These exercises are done with rubber bands that work against your motions. These offer exercises for all parts of your body giving you a complete full body workout. Though it is not based on weights, it still delivers more than 210 pounds of resistance depending on the model you choose, ensuring that you burn the calories and helps you discover the new you. With a possibility of more than 60 different exercises, ripped abs, massive biceps and toned legs are all possible with this one piece of equipment. And to add to it, you have the luxury of exercising in the comfort of your own home - no gym required!
Surprised? Well, you can browse on the net and read through the many testimonials of very satisfied customers. And if and when you think you are ready to take a plunge, check out check out a variety of websites who offer this amazing piece of equipment at a reasonable price. So get back to life with trim looks and a positive mind. You only have one life and make the most of it!
Frequently Asked Questions
what are aerobic bands used for and what do they do?
They're used to add resistance in pilates and yoga and so on, in lieu of or in addition to regular weights.
Aerobic Bands for Dance?
Would I be able to use this:
as the girl in the second pic of the link below uses it in her splits? Does anyone know if they'd stretch far enough for that?
tyy :] x
If you can do it I'll like to see it..
What are some really good ab workouts that have fast results?
i play ice hockey twice a week until hockey season actually starts, which would be everyday, thats for aerobic exercises, and i have a couple different resistance bands. any helpful ideas that either involve those or dont?? thanks sooo much!!
Ab ripper X from the P90X workout program works great. It requires no equipment and is very fast paced. Be warned it is difficult, but only takes 15 minutes. Here are the workouts it has in it:
1) In and outs
2) Bicycle (forward and reverse)
3) Crunchy Frog
4) Wide leg sit-ups
5) Fifer Scissors
6) Hip rock and raise
7) Pulse up
8) Roll up/V-up Combo
9) Oblique V-ups
10) Leg Climb
11) Mason Twist
I'm not sure, but I think you can actually get this DVD free from their website www.beachbody.com as a trial to P90X. If not, it's worth the money anyway. Good luck!
PS - only do these workouts every other day as it literally rips your abs - they need a day to recover in between
What are the best ways to shift stubborn belly fat and tone the abs?
I'm fairly slim (5'2" weighing 7st 11lbs) but my abs are untoned and seem to be covered by a thin but stubborn layer of fat. I eat a healthy calorie-controlled diet and try to do at least 20-30 minutes of cardio every day.
Would high impact dance and aerobic workouts combined with resistance band training be the best way to go?
What has worked for other people?
Yoga would seem your best course of action, as also would stopping obsessing about your body and learn to love it as YOU!
5'2" and 7st 11 lbs, that thin stubborn layer of fat is what stops you splitting when you reach up to get your special K from the top shelf in the supermarket!
Keep on loosing weight, dye your hair blonde and have a tramp stamp to look like a carbon copy of all the other idiots out there..........get real, love yourself you skinny minx!
if i start working out every other day from now will i be beach ready?
okay its jan 27th by june 1st i wanna be beach body ready .. what can i do..keep in mind i dont control the foods that come in the house and i cant buy food i just have to eat whats there or dont eat..i have a workout mat and ankle weights aerobic bands and a few dvds thats about it..im currently 5"5' 210 i wanna be 5"5' 150 so can i lose 60 lbs by june 1st and how? and i also want a tight fit stomach with muscle tone but i cant do any sit ups i have hernia repair surgey.. so what can i do to get that sexy tone stomach without situps
Hi,problems losing weight are enormous aren't they? A freind of mine tried everything and every plan, nothing worked untill he found this diet solution program.She's been having pretty good results.Maybe it could help you to.
Good luck and stay positive!
How many calories do I burn a day ?
30 minutes walking+ MAri Winsor 20 minutes Pilates and resistance training with band
How many calories ? And how many would I burn if I'd do 30 minutes aerobic too ?
Go compare dot com!!
What's your favorite weekly workout?
I'm looking to add more variety to my workouts, both to fight bordem and to keep from hitting plateaus. Time limitations do not allow a great deal of time for each workout. (max 30 - 40 min. a day, but 6 days a week).
What are some of your favorite workouts that are fun, possibly incorporate learning a skill, stay within this time frame, and work both cardio and muscle toning/building?
My interest is in methods that incorporate martial arts, possibly some dancing for aerobic and toning (no belly or pole dancing stuff, please.... lol), and that use either my own body weight or resistance bands for the resistance training.
http://www.thepitworkout.com/ from John Hackleman the trainer of UFC Light Heavyweight champ Chuck Liddell. Two discs, three workouts, and no required equipment. Over three hours of content split up into three one hour sessions. Session one is upper body, session two is lower body and session three a full body workout.
Want shapely calf muscles?
I am a 16 year old athletic girl. I play field hockey and run track. But I need to build up my calf muscles. And your probably thinking with all that running why doesnt she have shapely calf muscles already? No I don't have a meddical condition I am just wondering if there are any exercises i could do by myself at home, i own 1 pound pilates balls, 2,5,and 10 pound dumbells, an aerobic step, and stretchy bands. I also own a heavy bag any ideas?
I do calf raises and in no time my calves are firm and toned. It's a very very easy exercise. Literally all you do is stand in one place and raise up on the balls of your feet, like you're trying to reach something. Do this 50 times, try not to stop, and do both legs at the same time. Then gradually build your way up to 100.
Soccer training schedule?
The season is coming up in a couple of months so im gonna start training on my own. Can someone please tell me if this is a good schedule and sufficient rest in between. Thnx alot!
Mon- Lower body weight training & core
Tues- (Aerobic) Long distance jog (3-5miles)
wed- Upper body weight training and plyometrics
Thu- Lower body training and resistance bands.
Fri- (Anaerobic) Sprint and jog mix
Sat- Upper body weight training and plyometrics
i actually think that that is a great schedule except for one thing. you don't have any soccer practice in there. try to squeeze soccer skills and practice in there some where. other than that it it great.
Working out at home ?
1. What are some good cardio exercises that I can do indoors without any equipement ?
2. What are some good arm workouts I can do at home with only a resistance band ? (I don't have dumbbells or anything)
3. What are some good leg workouts I can do at home with only a resistance band ? (Again, no machines or dumbbells)
4. What's better: aerobic conditioning or anaerobic conditioning ? Why ?
Ok...whats up Hot Hunni. it seems you have a case of paralysis by analysis, you are always looking for something better to do instead of justr getting up and doing exercsies you know. I have suffered from this for some time but am better now. Like Nike said Just Do It. Besides that cardio indoors, no equipment, BURPEES, if you need to you can leave out pushups for every five reps or something. With only resistance band you can not really do much. Anyways you cna do a million differant pushups and pullups and that is an arm workout. I will have an exercise list at end. Leg workouts, bodyweight squats and glute-ham-raise. Also lunges and plyometric like jumping movements, also calf raises. Anaerobic conditioning is better for a number of reasons. For one if you do 8-10 100 or 200 meter sprints than you will be in better shape to run fast from an attacker or whenevr you will need to run. If you jog 3 miles than you will train your body to jog. The most you should run is 1 mile unless you are training for distance. I can run my mile under 4:50. That is a good workout. If you can run fromn some one at near top sepped for 5 minutes I doubt they will still wnat to chase you. Also other anaerobic activities like kickboxing will help self defense. There is almost no scenario that come sto mind that jogging fro miles will save your life or someone elses. Other than that anaerobic conditioning raises metabolism for hours after the workout therefore burning more calories whereas aerobic burns more as you exercise but does not raise metabolism so anaerobic burns more all together. Besides that Dr. Izumi Tabata as well as other sports scinetists founbd that anaerobic conditioning exercise will improve VO2 max and aerobic performance as well as anaerobic whereas aerobic exercise has no benefit on anaerobic performance. So there you go. I think you should work on advanced pushup and pull-up variations for arms and one legged squats and glute-ham-raises for legs. To do this get the book Never Gymless from:http://rosstraining.com/ Good luck and Just Do It. Here's a exercise list from Never Gymless. and yes I can type like a mofo but I always make typos.
band assisted pull-up
close grip pull-up
wide grip pull-up
fat bar pull-ups
alternating grip pull-ups
pull-up bar muscle ups
ring muscle ups
jump,catch and pull
side to side pull-up
one arm emphasis chin-up
one arm chin-up progressions
one arm chin-up
band high pull
one arm band pull
pushup between 3 blocks
arms extended pushup
close grip divebomber
divebomber from blocks
one amr pushup
assisted one arm pushup
elevated feet one amr pushup
one-arm pushup from ball
one arm pushup from one foot
extedned one arm pushup
fingertip one arm pushup
knuckle one arm pushup
one arm ring pushups
one arm divebomber
bodyweight triceps extension
band triceps extension
overhead band press
depth plyometric pushups
front to back hand clap pushups
triple hand clap pushups
one arm plyometric pushup
full body plyometric pushup
band chest press
Lower body exercises
medicine ball squat
resistance band squat
one legged squat
band good morning
explosive step ups
bent over row
band over load press
over head press
lying hip swing
band pull through
kneeling wheel rollout
standing wheel rollout
one arm wheel progressions
wall assited one arm rollout
one arm rollout
bridge (from hands)
bridge to stand
medicine ball slam
medicine ball wood chopper
Need to train for a 10K in 2 weeks but I have an IT Band knee injury.?
i need to run a 10K in 2 weeks but I've picked up an IT band injury around 2-3 weeks ago that I can't shake off. I NEED to do some aerobic training that will allow me to run this race, (It's my first 10K so I'm targeting 50mins). Any ideas on exercises I can do to get my fitness level up without aggravate my knee - PS -I'll run will my knee strapped if that's what it takes!
To be honest, I don't think you need to be running this race in 2 weeks. You need to recover before you put any exertion your legs. But if you want to keep up your aerobic base, try biking (usually twice as long as you would run), aqua-jogging (1 1/2 times as long as you would run), or swimming (just as long as you would run). Ice your injury every day (after you run, twice a day, for at least 15 minutes each time). If you do decide to race (which I'm still against), wrap your knee well.
What are you being for halloween??
im being an 80's aerobic girl!!!! Its soo cute im wearing a sweat band, legginds with leg warmers over them and a baggy shirt over a sports bra. i cant wait for halloweeen!!!! so anywayss what are you gonna be??? oh yeah and do you like my idea because my sister said it was stupid, and im not sure if she said that just to be annoying.
awww thanks you guysss!!! btw i LOVEE both of your ideas!!!
ohh when i said legginds i meant leggings -sorry typo
im being a "sexy secret service agent" lol
i like your idea. its original and i bet you didn't have to pay a fortune for it like some costumes ive seen!
but it sounds very cute!
just dont forget the side pony or the big hair!!!
finding a music video!?
okay here is details: its like electronic funky song, mood is happy. year was 2004-2005. a white female singer in a room, and 2 black little girl jumping in this living room, there were a big aerobic ball. i like that song but i don't know project/band/singer name and song name.
That's "Twist" by Goldfrapp from 2004.
could someone help with these questions?
1. Which structure gets narrower as a muscle cell contracts?
a. I band
b. A band
c. M line
d. Z line
2. A sarcomere extends from one ____ to the next and includes the entire ___ and half of the ____?
a. M line; I band; A band
b. M line; A band; I band
c. Z line; I band; A band
d. Z line; A band; I band
3. When the _____ arrives at the axon terminal, calcium ions ________ the axon terminal.
a. action potential; leave
b. action potential; enter
d. resting potential; leave
d. resting potential; enter
4. Once the synaptica vesicles have fused with the membrane of the axon terminal acetylcholine ____ and calcium ions ______ the synaptic cleft.
a. enters; leaves
b. leaves; enters
c. enters; enters
d. leaves; leaves
5. Depolarization of the motor and plate occurs because of a (n) _______ of sodium ions and small _____ of potassium ions.
a. influs; influx
b. efflux; efflux
c. influx; efflux
d. efflux; iflux
6. The cross bridge is in its higher energy conformation when _____
a. ADP and inorganic phosphorous are synthesized into ATP
b. ATP is hydrolized into ADP and inorganic phosphorous
c. Calcium ions are release
d. Calcium ions are captured
7. All of the following make up thin filaments except______
8. Binding sites are exposed by the _____ that brings about the release of ______
a. Action potential; calcium ions
b. action potential; sodium ions
c. depolarization; calcium ions
d. depolarization; sodium ions
9. As a sarcomere shortens, the length of each ____ does not change and the width of the _____ changes.
a. A band; M line
b. I band; Z line
c. fascile; M line
d. myofilament; H zone
10. All of the following are important roles for ATP except
a. energizing the calcium pump
b. energizing the power stroke of the myosin cross bridge
c. disconnecting the myosin cross bridge from the binding site on actin
d. fusion of synaptic vesicles to axon terminal
10. 2 ATP and pyruvic acid are the two end products associated with (the) _______.
a. hydrolysis of creatine phosphate
c. aerobic pathway
d. anearobic pathway.
man its easy,just go online and search.in this way you will atleast know that someone isnt telling you the wrong answers just for fun.
Anatomy Muscular Mooovement?!?
Which of the following muscles inserts onto the patella?
a.sartorius musclec.biceps femoris muscle
b.quadriceps femoris muscled.semitendinosus muscle
____21.All of the following are considered "hamstring" muscles except the
____22.Which of the following muscles inserts onto the achilles tendon?
____23.T-tubules are extensions of the______________ in skeletal muscle
a.sarcoplasmic reticulumc.junctional folds
____24.After the power stroke has occurred during skeletal muscle contraction, what must occur in order for the acto-myosin cross-bridge to be released?
a.ATP must be cleavedc.ATP must bind with the myosin head
b.myosin must be de-phosphorylatedd.Ca2+ must bind with myosin
____25.The segment from one Z disc to the next is called a(n)
a.A band.c.H band.
____26.The time in which the muscle will not respond to a new stimulus is called the
a.latent period.c.relaxation phase.
b.contraction phase.d.refractory period.
____27. If you attempt to lift a heavy object but it doesn't move, what type of contraction have you performed?
____28.A brief activity using maximum muscular effort is fueled best by the
a.phosphagen system.c.glycogen-lactic acid system.
b.aerobic system.d.citric acid system.
____29.Which of the following statements about slow-twitch muscle fibers is false?
a.Slow-twitch muscle fibers are smaller than fast-twitch fibers.
b.Slow-twitch muscle fibers are anaerobic.
c.Slow-twitch muscle fibers are fatigue resistant.
d.Slow-twitch muscle fibers have abundant mitochondrion and myoglobin.
____30.The thick myofilament consists of many molecules of this protein:
____31.One nerve fiber and all the muscle fibers it innervates are collectively called a:
a.motor unitc.recruitment group
b.somatic motor groupd.fatigue unit
____32.This chemical carries the stimulating message across the neuromuscular junction:
____33.During excitation-contraction coupling, calcium ions bind to this skeletal muscle protein:
____34.When the muscle action potential stops, calcium ions are pumped from the cytosol back into the:
a.terminal cisternalc.thick filaments
a.have a lot of myoglobin
b.mainly synthesize ATP by aerobic respiration
c.have more mitochondria
a.have Z-linesc.contain troponin
b.lack T-tubulesd.are multinucleate
____37.** seeley 3e ch 7 ** The_____ surrounds each muscle fasciculus, whereas ____ surrounds each muscle fiber.
a.epimysium, perimysiumc.epimysium, endomysium
b.perimysium, endomysiumd.endomysium, perimysium
____38.Which of these units contains overlapping actin and myosin myofilaments?
a.A bandc.I band
b.H zoned.M line
____39.Which of these is NOT a part of the actin myofilament?
kiddo, please do your own homework
you can google for all the answers
During muscle contraction there is?
decreased distance between the z-lines
increased width of the H band
increased width of the I band
decreased width of the A band
2.Which of the following contains only actin filaments
zone of overlap
3.Active sites on the actin become available for binding when: (Points : 1)
actin binds to troponin
calcium binds to troponin
calcium binds to tropomyosin
myosin binds to troponin
4.During which of the following stages of a muscle twitch are power strokes occuring? (Points : 1)
both a and b
5.The muscles of a conditioned marathon runner ten miles into the race generate most of their ATP by: (Points : 1)
conversion of creatine phosphate
lactic acid formation
this is the picture of sarcomere. Thick filament= myosin Thin filament = actin
When muscle contract, those two filaments slide each other. If you can visualize it, it's easier to answer those questions.
Yes, z lines come together when muscle contract.
No, when actin comes together, H band actually decreases.
No, I band exists when there's no myosin. When muscle contract, I band decreases.
No, if I band decreases, A band will increase. Look at the picture
2. 2.Which of the following contains only actin filaments
Look at the picture. Answer is I band.
3.Active sites on the actin become available for binding when: (Points : 1)
Calcium binds to troponin. Troponin lies on tropomyosin. Calcium binding shift troponin's position on tropomyosin, so that actin and myosin can bind.
4. Contraction sounds like the answer to me.
Creatine phosphate is used for short term burst.
lactic acid is when you run out of oxygen in your muscle so acid build up. It causes the muscle soreness. Marathon runner doesn't want to get that.
aerobic respiration: yes, because it provides a lot of ATP
glycolysis: no, because it provides too little ATP (2 ATP)
What sport is my Body best for?
I'm 16 weigh 133 and am 6'1-6'2 in height I have pretty long legs huge hands and 12 and a half sized feet I am pretty well muscled for my weight and am deceptively strong compared to the average person my weight.
Currently I am not doing any sports (unless you include marching band) and have ran track last year in high school and trained over the summer with the XC team (which I was not able to do because of band). I had a mediocre PR for my first year running which was 6:20 and have an above average aerobic base.
What sport do you think fits my body best?
I am a guy btw.
EDIT: Mentally I can find positives in every sport, but I want to see what sport my body is more naturally tailored for.
I hate to get off topic... but you really need to ask yourself what sport your mind is best for. If you aren't mentally into whatever sport you choose, you will have a problem succeeding. Follow your heart and just do whatever interests you the most. Sport is supposed to be recreation... just have fun!!
Eyebrow piercing Questions?
I have had my eyebrow pierced in the past so I know how to take care of it. My question pertains to working out after getting it pierced. I workout every day and usually hit the hot tub after. I just do aerobic running and weight training but I tend to sweat a lot even with a head band on. Will my piercing stay clean through all of this? also my first piercing worked its way out of my skin after a couple months and I'm not sure why. Should I try a plastic ring this time opposed to the surgical steel?
after exercising just make sure u clean it properly and yea the plastic would probably work better i had a surgical steel belly button piercing and it worked its way out of the skin i really don't know what causes that other than it getting to dry its always good after cleaning and drying the piercing to apply a deep moisturizer
Why does my hip hurt?
Over the past year I have increasingly been experiencing discomfort and mild pain in my left hip. I am 31 years old, female, very fit and healthy. I do a combination of weights and aerobic workouts, between three and six times a week. I noticed the discomfort increased when I was sat at a desk for long hours and disappeared when I started exercising more. But now, even with exercise, I have got mild pain and discomfort, daily. It feels uncomfortable to sit and walk.
I had started running but had to stop because I was experiencing iliotibial band syndrome in my knee. I started seeing a physio who said it was due to a weakness in my left hip, the one that hurts, but it wasn't hurting when I saw her so I didn't mention it. I am due to go back in three weeks time but am starting to worry that there is something wrong like arthritis.
What could it be?
The physio gave me exercises to strengthen my glutes but they seem to make it worse.
oh hi im the Zaar of Russia nice to meet you...........
i swear i hate ppl like that lol
anyways, im not a doctor and im not going to tell you to visit a website.
have you seen a chiropractor yet? maybe something is out of place and u just need some reajustments.
if your physical therapist cant answer you questions i would seek out a chiropractor.
Correct me please?! Earth science 20 points!?
("X" next to the answer is my guess)
1. Which layer of the atmosphere absorbs significant amounts of ultraviolet light? (Points : 3)
2. Which layer of the atmosphere does the space shuttle travel in? (Points : 3)
3. What is the tropopause? (Points : 3)
the boundary between the troposphere and the stratosphere
the boundary between the troposphere and the ionosphereX
the boundary between the troposphere and the exosphere
the boundary between the troposphere and the mesosphere
4. Which of the following is important for a temperature inversion? (Points : 3)
two layers of warm air, one on top of the other
a layer of cold air over one of warm airX
a layer of warm air over a layer of cold air
two layers of warm air
5. Chemicals released into the air from human activity, such as sulfur dioxide, carbon dioxide, and nitrous oxide, interact with the atmosphere to make acid rain. In which atmospheric layer does this process happen? (Points : 3)
6. Earth's second atmosphere (atmosphere II) was a thick atmosphere of primarily water vapor and carbon dioxide. What effects did this have on earth? (Points : 3)
Helium and hydrogen gases escaped earth's gravity.
Heat energy was retained and water vapor condensed.X
Ultraviolet light split water vapor into hydrogen and oxygen.
Increased oxygen allowed reptiles to thrive.
7. Banded iron formations were caused by the production of which atmospheric gas? (Points : 3)
8. Which layer of the atmosphere contains a substance that was created from a product of living things and that protects living things? (Points : 3)
9. What is barometric pressure? (Points : 3)
the pressure of 1 metric ton of seawater
the pressure of the atmosphereX
the increase in temperature as elevation increases
the increase in the weight of the atmosphere as elevation increases
10. Which process in living things evolved as oxygen levels increased in earth’s atmosphere? (Points : 3)
mold spore productionX
Part2... Link to get 20 points
1. b- because of the ozone.
10. either a or d. not sure which.
how do I heal my injured inner thigh (adductors)?
About a month and a half ago, I finished my aerobic floor workout and my stretching. The phone rang. I got up from laying down to get the phone with my one leg at a 90 degree angle. When I put my weight on that left leg and pushed to get up, imy inner thigh made a sensation like a rubber band going "twang!". It did not really hurt, it just felt weird. It began to hurt a few hours later and it has hurt ever since. I rested it for a week and saw improvement, but it was still hurting when I climbed the stairs in my house or used it. I went back to working out each day with some modifications. I eat cleanly, and take supplements. I have tried icing it, massage, and acupressure. It feels better when I do those things, but only temporarily. Basically, if I do anything but sit around, it hurts. Being in the car is the worst. What can I do to make it completely heal? I can not just sit around and stay off of my leg, avoid stairs, etc. for a long time. I really do not want to stop training for a long period of time either. Is there any way that I can heal permanently while I still use my leg, and even while I still exercise? Any suggestions are welcomed. Thanks!
You should go see a doctor you may have done some damage ... Rest up
funny date joke?
Hopefully you've never had these used on you, but this is a list of excuses to use if that "special" someone asks you out and you don't know how to say no. If someone gives you one of these excuses, it is very likely that they have absolutely no interest in going out with you.
1. I have to floss my cat.
2. I've dedicated my life to linguini.
3. I want to spend more time with my blender.
4. The President said he might drop in.
5. The man on television told me to say tuned.
6. I've been scheduled for a karma transplant.
7. I'm staying home to work on my cottage cheese sculpture.
8. It's my parakeet's bowling night.
9. It wouldn't be fair to the other Beautiful People.
10. I'm building a pig from a kit.
11. I did my own thing and now I've got to undo it.
12. I'm enrolled in aerobic scream therapy.
13. There's a disturbance in the Force.
14. I'm doing door-to-door collecting for static cling.
15. I have to go to the post office to see if I'm still wanted.
16. I'm teaching my ferret to yodel.
17. I have to check the freshness dates on my dairy products.
18. I'm going through cherry cheesecake withdrawal.
19. I'm planning to go downtown to try on gloves.
20. My crayons all melted together.
21. I'm trying to see how long I can go without saying yes.
22. I'm in training to be a household pest.
23. I'm getting my overalls overhauled.
24. My patent is pending.
25. I'm attending the opening of my garage door.
26. I'm sandblasting my oven.
27. I'm worried about my vertical hold.
28. I'm going down to the bakery to watch the buns rise.
29. I'm being deported.
30. The grunion are running.
31. I'll be looking for a parking space.
32. My Millard Filmore Fan Club meets then.
33. The monsters haven't turned blue yet, and I have to eat more dots.
34. I'm taking punk totem pole carving.
35. I have to fluff my shower cap.
36. I'm converting my calendar watch from Julian to Gregorian.
37. I've come down with a really horrible case of something or other.
38. I made an appointment with a cuticle specialist.
39. My plot to take over the world is thickening.
40. I have to fulfill my potential.
41. I don't want to leave my comfort zone.
42. It's too close to the turn of the century.
43. I have some real hard words to look up in the dictionary.
44. My subconscious says no.
45. I'm giving nuisance lessons at a convenience store.
46. I left my body in my other clothes.
47. The last time I went out, I never came back.
48. I've got a Friends of Rutabaga meeting.
49. I have to answer all of my "occupant" letters.
50. None of my socks match.
51. I have to be on the next train to Bermuda.
52. I'm having all my plants neutered.
53. People are blaming me for the Spanish-American War.
54. I changed the lock on my door and now I can't get out.
55. I'm making a home movie called "The Thing That Grew in My Refrigerator."
56. I'm attending a perfume convention as guest sniffer.
57. My yucca plant is feeling yucky.
58. I'm touring China with a wok band.
59. My chocolate-appreciation class meets that night.
60. I never go out on days that end in "Y."
61. My mother would never let me hear the end of it.
62. I'm running off to Yugoslavia with a foreign-exchange student named Basil Metabolism.
63. I just picked up a book called "Glue in Many Lands" and I can't put it down.
64. I'm too old/young for that stuff.
65. I have to ash/condition/perm/curl/tease my hair.
66. I have too much guilt.
67. There are important world issues that need worrying about.
68. I have to draw "Cubby" for an art scholarship.
69. I'm uncomfortable when I'm alone or with others.
70. I promised to help a friend fold road maps.
71. I feel a song coming on.
72. I'm trying to be less popular.
73. My bathroom tiles need grouting.
74. I have to bleach my hare.
75. I'm waiting to see if I'm already a winner.
76. I'm writing a love letter to Richard Simmons.
77. You know how we psychos are.
78. My favorite commercial is on TV.
79. I have to study for a blood test.
80. I'm going to be old someday.
81. I've been traded to Cincinnati.
82. I'm observing National Apathy Week.
83. I have to rotate my crops.
84. My uncle escaped again.
85. I'm up to my elbows in waxy buildup.
86. I have to knit some dust bunnies for a charity bazaar.
87. I'm having my baby shoes bronzed.
88. I have to go to court for kitty littering.
89. I'm going to count the bristles in my toothbrush.
90. I have to thaw some karate chops for dinner.
91. Having fun gives me prickly heat.
92. I'm going to the Missing Persons Bureau to see if anyone is looking for me.
93. I have to jog my memory.
94. My palm reader advised against it.
95. My Dress For Obscurity class meets then.
96. I have to stay home and see if I snore.
97. I prefer to remain an enigma.
98. I think you want the OTHER [your name].
99. I have to sit up with a sick ant.
100. I'm trying to cut down.
101. My asthma is acting up again
102. That would interfere with my time to wait for the government to take me away.
103. You're ugly, I'm busy, have a nice day
104. Its my goldfish's birthday
105. Uh, I have stuff to do.
106. I have to make an air sandwich
107. I have to hide the bodies.
108. I don't have time to go on a date...with YOU!
109. I have to wash my hair.
110. I have to clean my toilet
111. I need to spend quality time with my weed wacker
112. I need to clean the air in my room
113. My hamster is having a heart transplant and I need to stay for moral support.
114. I caught a rare deadly African disease that's highly contagious.
115. My gerbil is getting married.
116. I have plans to clean the cracks in my floor
117. Sorry, when you came to my door I mistook you for a mormon and took cover.
118. I had to rob your house
119. That's the night I reorganize my rock collection.
120. Pinnochio is on tonight
121. I have to try out for the ice skating team at school.
122. I don't date outside my species
123. Sorry I think I'm gay
124. I have to go...........over..............there.
125. My butt is to big in this dress
126. I have to take out the trash
127. My dog had baby kittens.
128. I can't, I need to take my computer apart and put it back together.
129. I have to go shopping for my mother.
130. I'm sorry, I have to rotate the strings on all of my shoes.
132. I told my car I would tenderly rub wax into it's body
133. I have to go for my full body wax appointment
134. I can't I was asked to go to another party w/o you
135. I don't date goats!
136. Ally Mcbeal is on
137. I'm reading with my widower
138. I have to brush my teeth.
139. Alf comes on soon
140. I'm sick.
141. I've had a better offer, some bloke is coming round to set fire to my head
142. I'm busy cleaning the blood off my axe
143. My dad said I can't date till I am married
144. I'm shaving my dog.
145. It's against my religion to date people named (insert relevant name)
146. My grandma is on fire.
147. I'm getting married tonight.
148. I'm engaged.
149. I don't want to ruin our friendship.
150. I have family in town.
151. I just washed my hair.
152. It's that time of the month again.
153. My father's grandmother's aunt's mother died.
154. I have to take down the Christmas lights.
155. I have to go to a surprise party for my grandma's birthday.
156. I left my tolerance in another coat.
157. I just got back together with my ex
158. I don't like people.
159. I have to alphabetize my CDs. (Hey, is that supposed to be insulting to me? -- dan)
160. I might see someone who knows me.
161. My brother's sister's mum's son's dad died.
162. I would, but it would be a complete waste of make-up.
163. My pet snake is constipated again.
164. I have a phobia of people named (insert name here).
165. I have to teach my pig to sing.
166. I just got sick (right after you asked me out).
167. My dog is too tired.
168. I never said I'd go out with you, that was my evil twin.
169. I would go out with you but my waiting list is full.
170. There's a four hour TV special on trimming shrubbery.
171. I'm washing the sofa.
172. I have to milk my cow.
174. I don't want to miss Martha Stewart's premiere.
175. I have to teach my frog how to croak.
176. I'm too busy watching the paint dry.
177. The "Rocky" marathon is on that night.
178. I promised my mum I'd bathe the hamster.
179. I tripped over an ant and broke my leg.
180. I need to clip my nose hairs.
181. I have to read the labels on all of my food.
182. You are extremely unattractive. Sorry, someone had to tell you.
183. I'm gay.
184. I don't like you.
185. My goat broke a horn.
186. I have to go to the dentist.
187. I have to brush my dog's teeth.
188. I must go in search of my charms which were stolen by an angry leprechaun.
189. I'm going to the moon.
190. My water wings are flat.
191. I have to stay home and give my goldfish a bath.
192. I'm going to be playing with my mental blocks.
193. I have to wax the driveway.
194. I'm not into dating right now.
195. I'm teaching my goldfish how to play the electric guitar.
196. I'm teaching my dog to meow.
197. I have to watch Oprah.
198. I like you, but my friends said I can't go out with you.
199. I like your best friend.
200. I'm complicated to go out with.
201. I just found out we're related.
202. On my list of things to do, seeing you is at the bottom.
wow...amazing how you came up with all those...
but, you forgot something...
I'd love to go out with you but I'm still re-threading my toothbrush bristles, hmmnnn?
Will I lose weight my running 1 or 2 miles a day?
I'm 16 years old, I weigh about 138 and i'm 5'5(medium built). When I run 1 mile it takes me 22 minutes at an aerobic pace (2.7 mph) I burn 243 calories, my RPM is about 6 and 43 carbs are burned(it tells be all this stuff on my walking thing. its not like a tredmill its a little different) so that's 1701 calories burned in a week if I run 1 mile each day and I'm going to eat between 1200-1300 calories each day. I want to lose 1 or 1.5 pounds each week. My goal weight is to be 125 pounds by the time of July 1st.Or Do I have to run 2 miles and burn 486 calories each day to burn 1 or 1.5 pounds each week??? I get 35 mins of a work out at school (fittness training) so its not like i'm not just sitting on the couch and I also do marching band 2 times a week and ride horse. but will this running help me get to 125 in no problem? thanks